Lotus-Film produces feature films and documentary movies for cinema and TV since 1990. Since 2010 Lotus-Film is lead by the managing partners Tommy Pridnig and Peter Wirthensohn.
Our productions include feature films like "Northern Skirts" by Barbara Albert, "Measuring the World" by Detlev Buck as well as the documentary movies "Losses to be Expected" and "Animal Love" by Ulrich Seidl, "Megacities", Workingman's Death" and "Whores' Glory" by Michael Glawogger and high-quality TV-movies like "Love and Intrigue" by Leander Haußmann, "The Chinese Man" by Peter Keglevic. Furthermore several movies of the "Lankrimi Reihe" directed by Nikolaus Leytner or Barbara Eder.
List of directors
Barbara Albert, Detlev Buck, Nikolaus Leytner, Elisabeth Scharang, Barbara Eder, Barbara Caspar, Thomas Roth, Sascha Bigler, Götz Spielmann, Tobi Baumann, Michael Glawogger, Mona Willi, Wim Wenders.....
29 years of Lotus-Film
- 48 feature-length films (90min) produced
- 39 films for cinema (17 documentary, 22 fiction)
- 20 films at A-festivals in competition
- 16 films in the "Der Standard" DVD edition
- 3 Austrian Film Awards (2 Best Documentary, 1 Best Feature film)
- 1 German Film Award
- 1 "Goldenes Auge" (Zurich Film Festival)
- 1 Grierson Award (British Film Institute Awards)
- 4 Special Jury Awards (Venice, Amsterdam, Gijon, Sao Paulo)
- 3 Fipresci Awards
- 2 Austrian Producer Awards
- 2 Diagonale Grand Awards
- 4 Diagonale Category Awards
- 3 nominations for European Film Award
- 1 nomination DGA Award (Directors Guild of America)
- 1 nomination German Film Award
- 60×30min TV-series "Expedition Österreich"